Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Galvins In Georgetown KY


I was in Georgetown the other day on business. After my meeting I decided to grab a bite to eat. Under the recommendation of a local yokel, I headed to Galvins.

Galvins is a cute little bar in the middle of downtown Georgetown. The bar is mid sized, but big for a downtown location. The bar looks like it has been updated recently and featured a big wooden bar in the shape of a large square. They have 3 and a half rows of booths and tables, and probably could easily fit a few hundred people. The place was pretty snazzy and I'm sure it is packed for sports games. Over all it was a nice atmosphere.

Their menu was deep and featured many foods, ranging from burgers to pizza. They didn't have their drink prices posted so I couldn't say how they fair... probably average if I had to guess.

I ordered the buffalo chicken hoaggie and my lady got the philly stromboli. They were decently priced ($7 ish). They came pretty fast. The portions were very generous. I was very pleased.

The buffalo chicken was not a traditional buffalo sauce. It was more like a tangy honey mustard. It was very delish however it just wasn't what I was expecting. I wasn't disappointed, but a little thrown off. Very good sandwich. The stromboli was very very good. Kind of like a big calzone. It came with a side of marinara which was necessary but good. Overall the food was a huge success. I would eat there again.

Had a good time and highly recommended.

More photos of the bar >>

No comments: