Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hofbräuhaus in Newport, KY



There is this fantastic German beer hall in Newport KY called Hofbrauhaus. The place serves authentic German fare, and most importantly, German bierre by the litre! The place absolutely rocks; everything from the beer to the German polka bands that fill the crowded hall with happy drinking tunes.

I have been lucky enough to check out the original Hofbrauhaus in Munich. Does Newport live up to the expectations of its older sibling? Absolutely! The fun atmosphere doesn't disappoint.

While dining at the Hofbrauhaus I had the Tilapia Po' Boy and my wife had the Pretzel ham sandwich. Both sandwiches were excellent. To wash it all down, I had the traditional Hofbrau Lager, which was especially excellent.

If I had to pick one thing to critize it would have to be the chips. They were hard home made chips, which my palate finds hard and bitter, I really should have gotten fries, but that is just personal opinion.

The Hofbrauhaus is located at Newport on the Levee, where there are more than enough choices to make an exciting evening. Highly recommended. Check out pictures of the Hofbrauhaus as well additional reviews of other Newport Bars

No comments: