Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Review: Champagne the two faced bitch


What did I do New Year's day? Recovered. What did I discover? Champagne is the worst hang over ever. Look, I've been drinking for a long long time, but I've never suffered like this solely because of an alcohol. Don't think I've not had my fair share of hang overs either. I have one about every other day, but Champagne is by far the worst. How do I know? That is all I drank.

New Years, no matter when or where always ends as a kind of bust. Every year you expect just crazy awesomeness, like the New Years of high school lore or perhaps like that crazy year as a sophomore in undergrad, but once you get older and more 'safe' things just aren't as spectacular as they used to be. Don't get me wrong I had lots of fun and enjoyed myself past many safety levels, but the magic wasn't there like it was in the beginning. New Year's has turned into that new car that is now 3 years old and you're still making payments on it, sure you enjoy it, but somehow it isn't as awesome as before.

Did I find myself in a strip club, bringing the new year in one dollar at a time? No that sounds way more romantic than what I did. What did I do? I got 4 bottles of 3 dollar champagne and headed to a buddies house. It was fun. I got shit canned, ate some fantastic salsa and chips and got to enjoy my time surrounded by friends.

One thing that rocks about getting older, your friends are lucrative enough to have houses and not old enough to have kids, so that means Guest bed rooms. SO rather than dump $30 or more for a cab ride that shows up at 4AM I got to crash in a pretty nice pad.

So what did I learn? 1 bottle of $3 champagne gets the party started, but 3 or more $3 bottles of champagne will ruin a day or two.

What did you do for New Years?

No comments: