Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Frozen Dinner : Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi

Every now and then I eat a frozen dinner for uhhm dinner. Usually they are pretty decent. I really like the Boston Market meals cuz they are big and good tasting. Last night I had Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi. I was a little skeptical because most frozen shrimp dinners have everything but shrimp in them. But to my amazement Marie Callender stepped up to the plate and knocked me out with her shrimp scampi.

See the box... my meal didn't quite look like that once I had cooked it for 4 mins, then stirred and cooked the remaining time, but it did contain an exceptional amount of shrimps.

The shrimps bordered on the chewy side, but that is expected from frozen shrimpses. The peppers were pretty good ( alittle squishy) but overall exceptional for a frozen dinner. The garlic butter sauce was really good for frozen. Overall this isn't going to beat any Red Lobster, but for a five min microwave and a meal under $4 I'd about crap myself if anyone could beat it.

It was super tastey and I don't think you'd be disappointed.

No comments: