Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant Lexington

Can you say, "Overrated"? I can, and Giuseppe's is just that, overrated. I hate to be negative, but if I have to drop $15+ on an entree, it should at least be better than the spaghetti I make at home.
We checked out Giuseppe's for a friends b-day. The location is nice; a bit secluded and in a wooded area off Nick-road. The facility seemed charming enough, but nothing spectacular. Then we got the menu... holy schnikes! Everything was off the charts. Well... once we sucked it up and ordered I was expecting gold leafed lettuce in our salad, with diamond studded croutons. Instead we got a pretty pathetic mixed green bowl of grass. Then the entrees came.... I got bland with a side of bland. It was really sad when I thought I needed some A1 for my steak and pasta.
The only redeeming feature was the live jazz. That might get me back, but based on food alone, Giuseppe's is weak sauce.

No comments: