Thursday, September 18, 2008

JJ McBrewster's in Lexington, KY B-

JJ McBrewster's is not really a bar, but they do serve beer, sooo I'll givem' a pass this time. What is JJ's? It is a barbeque restaurant, that sounds like a bar.
So, I got to check out JJ's the other day. Right off the bat...I'd give it a B-.
Pros:
The barbeque was top notch. Really juicy, fresh, and not overly sauced, so when you get it, you add whatever sauce you want to it. Good stuff.
The atmosphere was good too. A little like a fast-sit-down restaurant.
Prices were reasonable. and that is about it.

Cons:
Service sucked. They're new and green, so I'll let it slide (this time). However, this time, I was worried I might not get waited on.
Side dishes were a little bland too, but they worked well with the actual barbeque.

Overall I'd have to say that JJ's rivals Corky's and most other chain BBQ. I'd even say it is better than most, so I think the B- is fair.

I'll be back.
JJ Mcbrewster drink prices and pictures
Lexington Bar and Grills.

No comments: