Monday, October 6, 2008

Ben Folds Symphony Tour

Saturday night I headed to Louisville to catch Ben Folds performing with the Louisville Symphony. Basically Ben is on tour, playing with symphonies around the country. I guess he sends them the music, they practice, then he shows up and they play. As hap-hazard as that sounds, the result is fantastic.

I know this little post is not booze or bar related, but to keep it real, they do serve booze at the Kentucky Center for the Arts. I know, cuz I saw peeps boozin' at the show.

SO, Ben played the KCA and it was freekin' p-i-m-p. It was the third time I've got to see Mr. Folds pound the keys. The first was when he toured by himself for his one man show tour or whatever it was called, and the second was at blazin' Bonnaroo in 06 I think, just before SuperSunnyspeedgraphic came out. It was so f'n hot and crowded, I barely remember being there. It was like watching fleas perform. Whatever the case, this was awesome. The symphony meshed well with his songs, and it was a really great way to see the songs I love performed.

The above video is from a similar show he did in Australia. It obviously isn't the performance I saw, but the arrangement is the same. You can imagine what I saw from the video.

If he's coming around you, then I'd suggest spendin the cheddar and check that sheeeet out.

No comments: