Monday, February 16, 2009

Bar Louie / Mandarin Cafe Lexington KY

The other night I was looking for a new place to eat. I was on the prowl for some new cuisine. In Lex that is a bit hard for me, cuz I've been most places. So as I was thinking about where I could go I thought about Bar Louie. Ole' Louie is pretty new, it's located in Lexington Green where Ruby Tuesday used to be. We headed there, expecting it to be about as busy as Ruby Tuesday used to be, and well, it wasn't.

Over Run
As we pulled into Lex Green, we should have just turned around. The parking lot was bursting at the seams, and that doesn't happen normally. Turns out there was some big comedian at Comedy Off Broadway . We waited for a bit, looked around, but then decided to go to Mandarine Asian Cafe instead. Overall I would have stayed at Bar louie, but oh well, we left. We'll have to go back.

Mandarine
This isn't the first time we've eaten at Mandarine. The place has a following. Be prepared to wait if it is the weekend. What's good? The Red Devil Sushi Roll is life changing. It is usually a 12 dollar roll, but they had it on special and man . . . . . . . . .speechless. Everything else is pretty good. Be careful though, on some meals the description might be a little misleading, but if you find that diamond, then you'll be changed forever. Good stuff.

For more info on both Mandarin and Bar Louie, follow the links below.
Bar Louie Info >>
Mandarin Info>>

No comments: