Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tin Roof Bar and Music in Lexington


Over the past months, the Tin Roof has been renovating and demolishing what used to be Huddle House on Lime. I never ate at Huddlehouse so I don't really miss it. However I am really looking forward to another music venue in Lex. After the Webbs totally demolished the Buster's/Dame Block, music in Lex hit a changing point. Not necessarily for the negative, but definitely a change. After the Dame took over the A1A/Mainstreet live music hall things haven't been the same. As I said not necessarily for the worse, but just different. Luckily the Tin Roof is coming. I really hope this hope won't jinx the quality. The Dame still rox out with it awesome music connections and getting really legit groups to hit Lex, but I really hope that the Tin Roof can overcome some of the obstacles that Lex is faced with now. Sure the Dame is still on Main and sure there are other music venues too, but I still think another major music venue in Lex will increase diversity as well as lend itself to getting even more music choices in Lex. All I can say is that we need another music hall and I'm glad that the Tin Roof isn't letting us down (yet as it still hasn't opened). So in closing, Tin Roof, being a Nashville native, you should totally understand the importance of good music in town... so get us some good music will you. We need it.

If yer looking for info on the Tin Roof go here >>

No comments: