Monday, February 16, 2009

Mellow Mushroom My Hippy Friend


I'm not calling Mellow Mushroom a hippy haven, no I'd never do that, but you know... you may feel the urge to start wearing Birkenstocks if you eat there. I know what your thinking though, "Is it good?" Oh yes, it is good, but the important thing is when you go.

You should go to the Shroom at lunch time, definitely. For lunch they have some great deals going on. You can get 2 slices and a drink or a half (gigantic) sub and a drink or a salad and a slice and a drink and all these meals run around 6 bux. Of all their fantastic slices, their ham reigns supreme for meeeee.

The ham they use has some kind of special hippy magic in it. It is smokey but really sweet. Maybe they get the hogs high or something, who knows, but the result is one anyone would love.

On the booze side of things, they have a great happy hour (actually 2 hours) 4-6 mon-fri (I think) During that time you can grab one of their many micro brews for about $3. If you are a bit on the poor side, like me, you can score a draft PBR for $1.60. I'm pretty sure that is one of the best Drink prices in town, if not the best.

When you head to Mellow Mushroom expect lots of vibrant colors, a big cartoony looking tree and the smell of parmasean and patchouli (j/k). If you like good food and a fun atmospher, you're gonna enjoy yourself. I do everytime.

>>Mellow Mushroom

No comments: