Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ezra Brooks: Pretty Good Cheap Bourbon

Ezra Brooks... Is Ezra a man's name or a woman's? I don't know.. After taking it I'd think man. Here's why. It's pretty cheap. I bought a 5th for $7.99 which is cheap in my book. Men are cheap. We like things affordable and simple. Ezra is simple. The label is simple, the taste is simple and the bite is a little boring. The bourbon mixes really well. Not too sweet not too harsh. I could easily drink this all night long. Straight it is kind of bourbon-esque. Nothing like the shitty KY Gentleman, but not really lasting. The bite is there, then it's gone. Ezra comes in a few different styles. The one I had was the cheap one obviously.
The bottle states:
Since 1800Ezra Brooks remains the perfect way to cap off the day. Ezra brooks White Label is a genuine sour mash, bottled at a mellow 80 proof; aged naturally in new charred white oak barrels and charcoal filtered for a distinctive flavor.

So, is it true.. yeah sure.

The novelty. It has a cork in the bottle.

Overall... it is definitely worth the $7.99 ... I'd buy it again.

1 comment:

LynyrdSkynyrdBand said...

Ezra Brooks White Label is the worst weasel piss, I've ever drank.
It's horrible... just horrible.

I bought a 1.75 liter bottle of Ezra, and literally poured the last half down the drain.

I've been drinking bourbon for 30 years... and, I can tell you with certainty... Ezra Brooks White Label should be used as rubbing alcohol for wounds.

EVAN WILLIAMS Black label... same price... TEN TIMES the value.

Check it out!

Maybe the other versions of Ezra, are good stuff... (the aged 7+ years varieties)... but, that White label bottle is kerosene.